– Allow free download of software so that it can be trialed without entering payment info
– Support for ip address ranges from the recent and naughty list
– Allow receiving country block rules from the web admin utility to block entire countries in the firewall. Certain ports can be exempted from this if desired.
– Switch to Windows Filtering Platform as the default firewall. During install, you can enable WinDivert if you need extra performance.
– (Personal Edition) Fix bug where notifications were not sent in some cases.
– Listen to web admin broadcast info for easier install process
– Fix existing credentials being overwritten to blank when updating
– Fix an edge case where WinDivert firewall would not honor the whitelist
– Add nginx auto setup to installer
– Add ability to use
ipban.override.config file to change config per client
– Switch to WinDivert as the default firewall. You can still switch back to Windows Filtering Platform by setting environment variable ‘IPBanPro_Firewall’ to ‘WFP’. Please ensure your virus scanner is allowing the IPBan install folder and executable, etc.
– Handle local network machines and whitelist all ip addresses with IPBan Pro installed.
– Remove outbound networking traffic filter. I will investigate more performant ways and options to filter outbound traffic in the future.
– Fix some issues fetching country, recent and naughty lists from server.
– Add optional WinDivert firewall for improved performance. Please set the environment variable
WinDivert to enable this firewall.
You will need to restart the service for this change to take effect.
In addition, you may need to add the datacenter or personal service executable and/or folder to the ignore list of your virus scanner. The default install is c:/program files/IPBanPro*. If you have other applications using WinDivert , you may run into conflicts, in which case, delete the environment variable and restart the service to go back to the Windows Filtering Platform firewall.