Recently I got a couple of reports from people that high bandwidth applications were having issues with IPBan Pro. High CPU usage, low bandwidth and more.

I believe I have tracked this down to how I was using the firewall rules. On Windows, I use Windows Filtering Platform. On Linux, iptables is used. In both cases, IPBan Pro was injecting itself for all packets. When using the naughty and recent list, this meant that tens of thousands of filters had to be checked for every network packet. Yikes.

I’ve submitted an update that ensures IPBan Pro is only injected upon initial connection. Once the connection has been negotiated and the remote ip address has been verified to be OK, IPBan Pro removes itself from the picture and the connection can proceed as normal.

Thanks so much for reporting this issue, please keep any and all bug reports and feedback coming!

– Jeff

Discuss

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

CONTACT US